Representation For Creditors In Bankruptcy Proceedings
At the Law Offices of Buddy D. Ford, P.A., we know both sides of the coin. Located in Tampa, our lawyers have represented both debtors and creditors in bankruptcy proceedings throughout Florida for more than 25 years.
We know the ins and outs of bankruptcy law, process and procedure. This in-depth experience allows us to better protect creditors during bankruptcy proceedings. Because we know the steps debtors will take to eliminate their debts, we are able to develop strong legal strategies that protect our clients’ rights.
Protecting Creditors’ Rights
Our attorneys are committed to safeguarding creditors’ rights during every stage of the bankruptcy process. We use a variety of strategies to protect our clients’ right to payment, including:
- Filing proof of claims
- Establishing priority of payment
- Requesting relief from the automatic stay
- Petitioning the court to adequately protect the value of the collateral
- Requesting payments to protect against depreciation
- Negotiating the value of a secured claim
- Filing opposition to plan confirmations
- Preparing and submitting a creditor’s plan
- Challenging the dischargeability of certain debts
- Representation at the meeting of creditors
- Petitioning for a dismissal of the bankruptcy
- Monitoring ongoing bankruptcy cases
Over the years, our firm has successfully represented many creditors, including banks, during bankruptcy proceedings. A representative list of past clients includes:
- First Union National Bank, N.A.
- Barnett Bank
- SouthTrust Bank
- Lafayette State Bank
- Chrysler Credit
- U.S. Bank
- Numerous credit unions
Why Choose The Law Offices of Buddy D. Ford, P.A.?
At the Law Offices of Buddy D. Ford, P.A., our experience and our commitment to our clients set us apart. Attorney Buddy Ford has more than 25 years of bankruptcy experience, including board certification as a business bankruptcy specialist by the American Board of Certification* and acting as trustee in Chapter 7 cases. He knows how to protect creditors’ financial interests during every stage of the bankruptcy process.
We are a debt relief agency. We help businesses and individuals file for debt relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
*Not certified as a specialist by The Florida Bar. Certified through the American Board of Certification.